Can Delaware afford Lisa Blunt Rochester? – letter to editor by Dorothy Kyle Nahrebne
Monday, October 12, 2020. Delaware News Journal Letters to the editor.
Can Delaware afford Lisa Blunt Rochester?
“The simple answer is no. Democratic Party policies in this state have resulted over recent years in business exodus, business collapse leading to high unemployment rates, lackluster policies on addiction that have done little to address addiction, the highest per capita spending per student with poor educational outcomes, an assault on policing, proposals to rescind Second Amendment rights and a proposal to make Delaware a sanctuary state. Lisa Blunt Rochester has embraced and supported the very policies that will continue to denigrate our state.
We need change now and Lee Murphy will work to:
- Bring manufacturing and small business back to fill the void of jobs that has plagued Delaware over recent years; state GDP declined to 4.2% in 2019
- Support educational policies/curricula that will balance spending and raise student test scores
- Provide real solutions to drug addiction to tackle the opioid crisis
- Back our police through increasing spending for continued education and training
- Develop policies to end late-term abortion but provide support/resources to mothers/families
- Strengthen legal immigration by initiating policies that help both groups and that will also lift our economy
For these reasons, I will vote for Lee Murphy for Congress on Nov. 3.”
— Dorothy Kyle Nahrebne, Wilmington